December 5-9, 2022
Study Guide Bible Lesson 15: Ruth Is Loyal
Memory Verse: Ruth 1:16 – But Ruth replied: Don’t plead with me to abandon you or to return and not follow you. For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live; your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.
- Even during their own suffering, Horacio Spafford and his family showed the love of Jesus to everyone around them.
- Horatio Spafford wrote the lyrics to “It Is Well with My Soul.”
- Naomi’s husband and her two sons died. Ruth’s and Orpah’s husbands were the sons of Naomi.
- Orpah returned to her Moabite family after the death of her husband.
- Ruth stayed devoted to Naomi and put her faith in Naomi’s God-the God of Israel.
- Loyalty is the character trait of demonstrating faithfulness and devotion to someone or something, regardless of the circumstances.
- Ruth showed a servant’s heart when she faithfully gleaned in the fields every day. Ruth demonstrated faithfulness when she said that Naomi’s God would be her God.
- Ruth was genuine and sincere in her relationship to others.
- Jewish law required Israelite farmers to leave behind whatever fell from the harvest, so that the fatherless and widows could glean, or gather, the grain for food.
- Boaz was a wealthy relative of Naomi’s husband.
- Boaz was a man of great character. His kindness, faithfulness, and graciousness showed that he was loyal to both God and his family.
- Boaz did many kind things to help Ruth while she gleaned in his fields
- Naomi told Ruth of a way to communicate to Boaz that she was willing to marry him.
- Ruth responded by telling Naomi she would do everything Naomi had directed, then boldly obeyed at the threshing floor.
- In response, Boaz accepted her request and selflessly told her there was a relative closer than he was, but if the other man did not perform the duty, he would. He carefully protected Ruth’s reputation, allowed her to stay and rest until morning, and sent her home with food.
- Providence refers to God’s divine guidance, care, or provision.
- A kinsman-redeemer is defined as a male relative who was willing to marry and care for a widow of one of his family members. He was also allowed to buy back land that a relative had sold.
- When Boaz redeemed Elimelech’s land, he also redeemed Ruth, and she became his wife.
- God blessed Boaz and Ruth with a son named Obed.
- Boaz and Ruth became the great-grandparents of King David.
- Jesus was a descendant of Ruth and Boaz.
- Jesus is every person’s Kinsman-Redeemer. Remaining fully God, He became a human being, bought sinners back from enslavement, and redeemed lives from hopelessness and death.
Spelling Lesson 16
sensible – showing good judgment; wise
pleasant – agreeable; enjoyable
obedient – willing to obey; compliant
entrance – a way of getting in; a door; entry
important – valuable in content or relationship; significant
convenient – easy to get to; accessible
difference – a constant between two people or things
intelligence – ability to learn
reasonable – not extreme or unusual; logical
deliverance – a rescue
comfortable – enjoying contentment; cozy
indestructible – not able to be destroyed or ruined
atoll – a circular coral reef that surrounds an island and a lagoon
polyp – a young, single coral
skeletal – resembling a skeleton
barrier – 1. type of coral reef that lies parallel to a coastline with a lagoon between the reef and the shore 2. Something that blocks or hinders movement
calcium – a silver-white metallic element
tropical – relating to a region that is very warm, frost-free, and has sufficient moisture
nutrients – nourishing substances
exclaim – to speak or call out loudly
Spelling Pretest – No spelling pretest this week
Bible: Chapter 14 – Test – Tuesday, December 6, Samson Chooses Unwisely (Study Guide posted last week)
Reading Tests – Vocabulary and Story comprehension Friday, Dec. 9
Spelling Definition Test – Thursday, December 8
Spelling Word Test – Friday, December 9
Read and Comprehend Cold Reads – Friday, December 9
Bible: Chapter 15 – Test Monday, December 12 – Ruth is Loyal
Homework: Please check your child’s agenda for daily homework. (i.e., math)
Study for upcoming tests!
Read AR book for 20 minutes each night.
Weekly Focus December 5-9, 2022
Bible – Chapter 15 – Ruth Is Loyal
Literature – One Throw
English – Pronouns
Math – Chapter 4 1-Digit Divisors
Science – Chapter 4 Ecological Succession