- ACT/ASPIRE PRACTICE: This week, we will begin each class period with an English ACT practice passage in order to prepare students for the ACT/ASPIRE. I will frontload with info and strategies for English ACT and then give students 9 minutes per passage. This is not graded for accuracy but completion. Students should mark their right and wrong answers so they can get a composite score at the end of the week. I will go over answer at end of time limit and discuss answers.
- Beginning of week: As a class, read Episode 2 of Antigone (p. 26-top of 37). Informal discussion to check for understanding throughout the reading will take place.
- TSW take a reading quiz on Episode 2 as a summative assessment.
- Mid-week: As a class, read Episode 3 of Antigone (top of 37-44). Informal discussion to check for understanding throughout the reading will take place.
- TSW take a reading quiz on Episode 3 as a summative assessment.
Virtual School Assignment (2 Days): Students will choose from one of four characters from Oedipus Rex or Antigone (Jocasta, Oedipus, Antigone, or Ismene) and complete a body biography worth 40 points. This is a characterization activity that requires students to provide 6 elements of characterization and provide textual evidence to support their elements. This is due Monday, 2/22, and has been emailed to students.