October 3-7, 2022
Field Trip – Thursday, October 6, 2022 Insta-Gator
Teacher Work Day – Friday, October 7, 2022 – No school for students
Bible Study Guide Reposted from last week.
Study Guide Bible Chapter 8: Joshua and Caleb Are Faithful
Memory Verse: Joshua 1:7 Above all, be strong and very courageous to observe carefully the whole instruction my servant Moses commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right or the left, so that you will have success wherever you go. CSB
- Moses sent 12 spies to secretly explore Canaan’s land and cities.
- When the spies returned, they gave opposite reports. Ten of them gave a report filled with fear, focusing on the problems. Only Joshua and Caleb gave a good report, believing God’s promises in faith.
- When Joshua and Caleb tried to convince the Israelites that God would enable them to enter and possess the land, the people wanted to stone them.
- The 10 fearful and faithless spies immediately reaped the consequences of not trusting God by dying from a plague. The remaining adults in Israel were sentenced to delayed judgment by wandering and dying in the wilderness over 40 years for each of the 40 days the spies explored the land. Only the new generation would enter the Promised Land.
- God rewarded Joshua and Caleb for the strong resolve shown by their faith and convictions. They demonstrated leadership in the face of danger and opposition. God allowed them to live. Eventually they would enter and possess the Promised Land.
- A conviction means a very strong belief.
- Joshua and Caleb’s relationship to God developed strong convictions in them, which were more powerful than negative peer pressure.
- Joshua observed the Law, meditated on the Word day and night, and was careful to do everything written in God’s Word. God blessed him with great success in leadership.
- Eric Liddell, a Scottish runner and missionary to China, stayed true to his Christian convictions at the 1924 Olympic Games and won a gold medal in the 400 meters.
- God repeatedly encouraged Joshua with the phrase “ Be strong and courageous.”
- Mediation is defined as focused thought about a subject.
- Some ways that people meditate on God’s Word include reading the Bible, thinking about verses, and writing verses.
- Like Joshua, all God-honoring leaders read, study, and follow what the Bible teaches.
- Being a leader of God’s people and fighting battles often requires the godly attribute of courage.
- God prepared Israel’s enemies to be conquered by causing their hearts to melt when they heard how the Israelites had crossed the Jordan River. They no longer had any spirit or courage.
- The Israelites built stone altars and memorials as reminders of God’s faithfulness.
Bible: Chapter 8 (Wednesday, October 5th) Study guide has been reposted this week.
Read and Comprehend Cold Read – Wednesday October 5th!
Study Multiplication Facts- Timed basic facts drills
Homework: Please check your child’s agenda for daily homework. (i.e., math)
Study for upcoming tests!
Read AR book for 20 minutes each night.
Weekly Focus October 3-7, 2022
Bible – Chapter 8 Joshua and Caleb Are Faithful
Literature – Working on skills. No story this week due to our shortened week- field trip & teacher work day
English – Sentences and Sentence Parts Chapter 3
Math – Chapter 3- Multiply Whole Numbers
Science – Chapter 2 Life Cycles