Bible verse: 1 Chronicles 16:9
~Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell about all his wondrous works!
Spelling List 4 :
20. proceed – to go forward with something; to continue to do something.
21. recede – to go back from a certain point or level.
22. proverb – a short saying or principal.
23. verbal – relating to or consisting of words.
Addition – Monday, August 30th
Subject and Verbs Test 2 – Monday, September 13
Pronouns, Quiz 2 – Wednesday – September 15
Bible Memory Verse – Friday, September 17
Spelling – List 3 – Friday, September 17
Reading Comprehension Test (41/2 minutes), “The Great Wall of China” – Friday, September 17
Homework: (homework is assigned on Monday and due on Friday) (LATE HOMEWORK WILL NOT BE TAKEN)
- Reading – Read an A.R. book on your level for 15 minutes each night. Students can take an A.R. quiz at school when a book is finished.
- Science – An Experimental Forest 1.6A and Disturbing the Nitrogen Cycle 1.6B
- Checked Papers – **All classwork are checked in class.
Bible – Chapter 4 – Joseph Is Rejected and Accused
Vocabulary – strife, envy
Apply – Students will realize that those who follow God experience trails. They will acknowledge that God is the one who helps them overcome trails and temptations.
Reading – Our story this week is Samuel’s Choice. Skill – Eyes On … Historical Fiction and the Elements of a Story We will continue our discussion of story elements.
Math – Practicing the Subtraction Algorithm, Missing Addends
Science – Chapter 1 -Disrupting the Nitrogen Cycle
Social Studies – Early People, The Eastern Woodlands, The Plains
Language Arts – We will finish Chapter 1 and begin Chapter 2- Verbs and Nouns at Work