Bible Test Study Guide Ch. 5 (click this link)
Bible verse: Lesson 5 Luke 6:40
A student is not better than his teacher. But when the student has fully learned all that he has been taught then he will be like his teacher.
Science- Chapter 2 (Wednesday, September 22nd)
English- Chapter 2 (Thursday, September 23rd)
Bible- Chapter 5 (Friday, September 24th)
Reading- Taro and the Tofu (Friday, September 24th)
Spelling- List 5 (Friday, September 24th)
Homework: (homework is assigned on Monday and due on Friday) (LATE HOMEWORK WILL NOT BE TAKEN)
- Reading- Read an A.R. book on your level for 15 minutes each night. Students can take an A.R. quiz at school when a book is finished.
- Math- math book pg. 36 (THIS PAGE WILL BE TORN OUT OF THE MATH BOOK AND PLACED IN THE HOMEWORK FOLDER ON MONDAY)
- Study guides-Study guides go home throughout the week usually a day or two before the actual test. Check the TAKE HOME folder for study guides. Please check my website carefully some study guides can be found on the website.
Social Studies- ** map skills quiz on Friday (Sept. 24th) We will review parts of a map. Students should be able to identify map title, map legend (key), compass rose, and use cardinal directions (N,S,E,W).
Bible– Jesus calls 8 more disciples, equipping the disciples, God’s changing power, and spiritual growth.
Reading– We will read Taro and the Tofu, the skill this week is identifying the theme.
Math– Chapter 2: Addition-addition strategies- count on, make a ten, doubles, and doubles plus 1, vocabulary- addend, sum, adding without regrouping, adding with regrouping.
Science– Chapter 2: parts of a plant, parts of a plant cell, and plant life cycle
English– Chapter 2: Vocabulary *on the test* soothe (pg. 29) and urgent (pg. 32)
Classify sentences SN-subject noun, V- verb, Adv- adverb
- Synonym relationship- fast:quick
- Antonym relationship- hot:cold
- Part-to-whole relationship- tree:forest
- Rhyming relationship- fun:sun