WEEK OF AUGUST 30TH
Isaiah 40:8 “The grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of our God remains forever.”
***It is very important that you review your child’s WB (workbook) daily with them. This will help if they are struggling to understand a particular concept. Workbooks also can aide as a study guide for any upcoming tests. These WB pages are done daily in class and then gone over together. I however cannot check each child’s individually, so your help in this area is vital. On the day of the lesson, if time does not permit, they will be for homework and we will review them the following day.
Monday, August 30th
- Social Studies – Unit 1 test (make sure to go over the study guide given in class)
Tuesday, August 31st
- Spelling pretest
- Math – Chapter 1 test (*I pushed this test back a day from last week’s schedule to help with preparing* ) We will have a review on Monday. Some of the concepts presented were reading and writing numbers to hundred millions, recognizing the place value of digits, comparing numbers, identifying odd and even numbers, and using ordinal numbers. The chapter also included the problem-solving skill of estimation.
Wednesday, September 1st
- Literature/Reading – Two Big Bears (comprehension of story and vocabulary)
Friday, September 3rd
- Bible– Lesson 3
- Science – vocabulary quiz, chapter 1 (Friday, September 3rd)
- Study for upcoming tests
- Check HW folder on Monday (to be turned in on Thursday)