Student will learn to:
- Apply basic knowledge of DSLR camera to creation of original images.
- Use proper vocabulary when speaking or writing of camera functionality and images
- Understand how composition, light and depth of field interact together in an image.
- Perceive & understand photography as an art form, using the vocabulary of design principles and visual art elements to describe and discuss their own and others’ work.
- Understand the role of photography in reflecting past and contemporary cultures.
- Understand the role photography play in communications and its use as a visual language.
- Critique orally or in writing the effectiveness of photographs in terms of artistic value and communication of meaning.
- Understand how the critical thinking, creativity, resource and time management skills learned in this course apply to other arts and to other career areas.
- Use technology as a tool to create individual works of photographic art.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of photographic composition and development of a “photographic eye.”
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of photography.
- Demonstrate competency using cameras and equipment (digital)
- Demonstrate competency using basic studio lighting
- Synthesize the technical and artistic aspects of the course.
- Show an appreciation and application of aesthetic factors in photography.
- Compile a portfolio, including an artist’s statement and a selection of the student’s best prints, suitable for employment or college applications.
- Participate in community opportunities for exhibition and competition.