Bible Chapter 7 Moses Fears God Study Guide
Memory Verse: Hebrews 10:11-12 11Every priest stands day after day ministering and offering the same sacrifices time after time, which can never take away sin. 12But this man, after offering one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God.
- Submission means humbly accepting the authority or decision of someone else.
- Choices result in consequences.
- The people complained because they were tired of manna and wanted meat. Many then died by fire or plague.
- Moses was able to speak with God so openly because of his close relationship with God.
- When people complain against God, their relationship with Him suffers, and consequences may follow.
- Moses refused to enter Canaan after the spies returned. The consequence for not obeying God and entering the Promised Land was to wander for 40 years in the wilderness until that generation had died.
- More than once, God’s anger was so great against Israel’s sin that He would have destroyed the people if it had not been for Moses’ intercession.
- Leaders are responsible to pray for and protect the people that are leading, as a demonstration of their right relationship to others and responsible leadership before God and the world.
- Moses was a great leader because he was humble and he maintained a close relationship with God.
- Moses asked God to save Israel because Moses wanted God’s reputation to remain strong.
- The fear of God is loving respect for Him and security in His love while having a great awe of God’s power.
- Moses’ Hebrew parents had a greater fear and respect for God than for Pharaoh. They boldly trusted God by hiding Moses in a basket and placing it on the Nile. Their loving fear of God exceeded their fear of punishment.
- According to Hebrews 11:24-28, Moses boldly chose truth. He refused to be referred to as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, he was willing to suffer affliction with the people of God instead of enjoying the sinful pleasures of Pharaoh’s household, he valued living and suffering for the sake of Christ greater than riches he could obtain in Egypt, he did not fear the anger of the king, and he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood.
- Moses demonstrated a bold belief in God’s deliverance by leading the people of God through the Red Sea.
- Jesus Christ offered the final, complete, and eternal sacrifice for sin when He took upon Himself all of the sins of the world and willingly died on the cross.
- Sin is anything people think, say, or do that disobeys God.
- Sacrifice is defined as the offering of something to God.
- Atonement is defined as making things right with God through sacrifice.
Spelling Lesson List 6 Pretest Monday, September 19
- typist – one who types
- purify – to make pure
- crystal – a type of quartz that is almost transparent
- physics – a science that deals with matter and energy
- canyon – a deep, narrow valley
- recycle – to process as to regain usefulness
- rhyming – putting into rhyme
- systems – a group of parts that work together to perform a task
- mystery – something not easily or immediately understood
- symptom – an indication of an illness
- gymnasium – a large room used for indoor sports
- youthfulness – the characteristic of being young
- seedling – a young plant grown from a seed
- embryo – a young seed plant still contained within the seed
- dormant – inactive
- adequate – sufficient to meet a need
- favorable – helpful; advantageous; good
- germinate – to sprout
- absorption – take in or soak up
- progress – a step forward; advancement in a job, grade, or position
Spelling: List 7 – Spell words correctly Friday, September 23rd
Spelling: List 7 – Definitions Test Thursday, September 22nd
Bible test Chapter 6 test is scheduled for Tuesday, September 20th.
Read and Comprehend Cold Reads – Every Friday!
Reading – Friday, September 23rd Poetry Test
Language Chapter 2 Test – Friday, September 23; Review pages will be done in class and for homework
Monday, September 26th Math Chapter 2 Test; Review will be done in class on Friday, September 23rd
Wednesday, September 28thMath Chapters 1 & 2 Test. Chapter review will be done on Tuesday, September 27th
Homework: Please check your child’s agenda for daily homework. (i.e., math)
Study for upcoming tests!
Read AR book for 20 minutes each night.
Weekly Focus September 19-23
Bible – Chapter 7 Moses Fears God
Literature – Poetry
English – Nouns at Work Chapter 2
Math – Chapter 2- Equivalent Decimals, Subtracting/Adding Decimals through thousandths, problem solving