Bible-Test-Study-Guide-Ch.-4 (click this link)
Bible verse: Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the Lord’s voice. He said, “Whom can I send? Who will go for us?” So I said, “Here I am. Send me!”
Bible- Chapter 4 (Friday, September 17, 2021)
Reading- Boom Town (Friday, September 17, 2021)
Spelling- List 4 (Friday, September 17, 2021)
Homework: (homework is assigned on Monday and due on Friday) (LATE HOMEWORK WILL NOT BE TAKEN)
- Reading- Read an A.R. book on your level for 15minutes each night. Students can take an A.R. quiz at school when a book is finished.
- Math- math book pg. 26 will be torn out and placed in the HOMEWORK FOLDER ON MONDAY. HOMEWORK MUST BE RETURNED ON FRIDAY IN THE HOMEWORK FOLDER
- Study guides-Study guides go home throughout the week usually a day or two before the actual test. Check the TAKE HOME folder for study guides. The Bible study guide is a link at the top of this page.
Bible– Chapter 4: The First Four Disciples, Jesus called Peter, Andrew, James, and John to be his first four disciples. Vocabulary: Respond- to react or answer, Equip-provide what is needed for a certain purpose.
Reading– Our new story is Boom Town. Skill- setting (the time and place in which the story’s events happen) Vocabulary- pg. 20 in the workbook (apothecary, blacksmith, blossomed, furrows, miller, prospector, stagecoach, and tanner)
Math– Chapter 2: Addition- addition facts up to 18, addition strategies, vocabulary- addend, sum
Science– Chapter 2: Life of Plants, we will learn about a botanist, parts of a plant, the way a plant makes food, parts of a flower, and the plant life cycle.
English– Chapter 2: Vocabulary *on the test* soothe (pg. 29) and urgent (pg. 32)
Subject nouns, verbs, and analogies in class.
- Synonym relationship- fast:quick
- Antonym relationship- hot:cold
- Part-to-whole relationship- tree:forest
- Rhyming relationship- fun:sun