3rd grade field trip on Monday!
Bible verse: Lesson 11 John 3:3
Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth. Unless you are born again, you cannot be in God’s kingdom.”
Spelling: Lesson 11
Science: **Ch. 5 vocabulary quiz (Tuesday, October 18th)
Chapter 5 Test (Tuesday, October 18th)
English: Chapter 5 Test (Wednesday, October 19th)
Spelling: List 11 (Friday, October 21st)
Reading: Lorenzo and Angelina (Friday, October 21st) (open book)
Bible: NO TEST, CHAPEL ON OCTOBER 19TH CLASSWORK WILL BE COLLECTED FOR A GRADE
Homework: (homework is assigned on Monday and due on Friday) (LATE HOMEWORK WILL NOT BE TAKEN)
- Reading- Read an A.R. book on your level for 20 minutes each night. Students can take an A.R. quiz at school when a book is finished.
- Math- practice multiplication speed drill will be placed in the HOMEWORK FOLDER ON MONDAY. (set a timer for 3 minutes)
- Bible-Born Again, when people accept Jesus as Savior, they experience a new birth- a spiritual birth.
Important Vocabulary: salvation- being saved from the punishment of sin and receiving eternal life. Born again- having accepted Jesus as your Savior.
- Reading- skill- point of view (your individual way of seeing things)
Important Vocabulary (pg. 68 in the workbook) (accused, thrilling, fortunately, loyal, fatal, budge, craggy, eagerly)
- Math- Chapter 4- multiplying by 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Reviewing multiplication strategies (groups, array, and repeated addition)
Important math vocabulary:
- factor-one of the two numbers that are multiplied
- product- the result of multiplication (answer)
- multiplication- repeated addition of the same number
- multiplication sign (x)- the symbol for multiplication
- English- Chapter 5: PAGE 504 IN THE ENGLISH TEXTBOOK IS EXTREMELY HELPFUL TO CLASSIFY SENTENCES!
- pronouns, possessive pronouns, conjunctions, (new skill-labeling sentences) S- simple sentence, SCV- simple sentence with a compound verb, SCS- simple sentence with a compound subject, F- fragment (missing a subject or predicate)
- Science-Chapter 5 Force and Motion- calculating speed distance divided by time example: 24 miles/2 hours= 12 miles per hour,
Forces-friction and gravity