We had an amazing first week of school!
Bible verse: Luke 2:40
The little child began to grow up. He became stronger and wiser, and God’s blessings were with him.
Tuesday- social studies quiz
(study chapter 1 vocabulary) Community, law, urban area, rural area, citizen, parish, population, suburb
Wednesday- Shurley English test (synonym, antonym, analogies, capitalization, punctuation, and commas)
Thursday– Spelling List 2
- Bible Test (lesson 2, and Bible verse)
- Reading- The Story of the White Sombrero test
- Math Test (Chapter 1)
Homework: (Assigned on Monday and due on Friday)
- A.R. reading for 20 minutes every night. Please complete the reading log. Each student has a copy in his/her A.R. class folder. Those folders will be given to each student on Monday morning.
- Math- number of the day page , complete the Chapter 1 math study guide. ***(in Homework folder)
- Study for all assessments- ALL BOOKS CAN BE BROUGHT HOME. Please help your child to remember to bring all books back each day. We use our books on a daily basis. Thanks!
- Our weekly newsletter will be in the Take Home Folder.
Bible- Jesus’ Birth and Childhood
Reading- What is Plot?
ELA (English Language Arts) synonym, antonym, analogies
Math- Thousands Place Value, Comparing
Social Studies/Science– Ecosystems
We will learn science this week. These subjects will alternate weekly.