Bible verse: Matthew 3:17
And a voice spoke from heaven. The voice said, “This is my Son and I love him. I am very pleased with him.”
Math- Chapter 1 (Tuesday, August 23rd)
English: Chapter 2 (Thursday, August 25th)
Bible- Chapter 3 (Friday, August 26th)
Reading- Boom Town (Friday, August 26th)
Spelling- List 3 (Friday, August 26th)
Homework: (homework is assigned on Monday and due on Friday) (LATE HOMEWORK WILL NOT BE TAKEN)
- Reading- Read an A.R. book on your level for 15minutes each night. Students can take an A.R. quiz at school when a book is finished.
- Math-NO HOMEWORK THIS WEEK. PLEASE STUDY THE STUDY GUIDE FOR THE CHAPTER 1 TEST
- Study guides- A study guide will come home in the TAKE HOME folder throughout the week. We complete a study guide after I finish teaching a chapter. They will be sent home only a day or two before the actual test.
- Bible- Chapter 3- Jesus Prepares for Ministry, vocabulary- ministry and temptation. We will learn about the Baptism of Jesus, the temptation of Jesus, sword of the spirit, and preparation of ministry.
- Reading- Boom Town – Important Vocabulary (pg. 20 in the workbook) apothecary, blacksmith, blossomed, furrows, miller, prospector, stagecoach, tanner
- Math- Chapter 2 Addition
- Science- Chapter 2 Life of Plants, we will learn about a botanist, parts of a plant, the way a plant makes food, parts of a flower, and the plant life cycle.
- English- Chapter 2 important vocabulary: urgent, serious, and encourage (see vocabulary sheet in Take Home folder)
sentence pattern 1: SN V P1
subject noun- SN verb-V adjectives- adj. adverbs- adv.