Welcome to Third Grade! This is going to be an amazing year! I am so excited for this school year to begin!
Meet the Teacher Letter (see link below)
Bible verse: Deuteronomy 6:4 (memorize)
Listen, Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Spelling List: Lesson1
Bible: Chapter 1 (Friday, August 13th) (open book to learn the format)
Spelling: List 1 (Friday, August 13th)
Reading: The Jar of Tassai (Friday, August 13th) (open book to learn the format)
Homework: (homework is assigned on Monday and due on Friday) (math homework will be graded) (LATE HOMEWORK WILL NOT BE TAKEN)
- Reading- Read an A.R. book for 15 minutes.
- Math-complete page 6 (students will put tear out in class and put in homework folder)
- Study guides- There are no study guides provided by FBCS curriculum for Bible, reading, or English. I will occasionally make study guides as needed. Science, Social Studies, and Math have study guides provided with the curriculum.
- Bible- The Trinity, Jesus, the Son of God, Jesus, the Humble Servant, and God’s Holy Word
- Reading- The Jar of Tassai– story elements (characters, plot, and setting)
- Math- Place Value: Hundreds place, counting patterns, compare hundreds, ordinal numbers, round to tens and hundreds
- English- Chapter 1: Journal writing, capitalization and punctuation, synonyms and antonyms, word analogies
- Science- Chapter 1 Ecosystems: 1 vocabulary- prey, food chain, consumer, decomposer, scavenger, predator
- Social Studies- Chapter 1 Louisiana Communities 1 vocabulary-citizen, parish, population, suburb